> Area Breastfeeding Support Group Meetings and Consultants
Area Breastfeeding Support Group Meetings and Consultants
Last Updated on %s 08 January 2017
The following lactation support group and lactation consultant list was compiled with the help of a list from the Greater Kansas City Lactation Consultant Association.
We do not recommend one over the other, but hope that you can find one that suits your needs. For questions specific to any group, please use the contact information provided. We are not affiliated with these consultants, but are sharing the information about them to encourage and assist breastfeeding in any way we can.
Support groups generally are free and open to pregnant and postpartum mothers and babies. Outpatient services vary in cost, but can provide an individualized approach to more complex breastfeeding concerns. If you have questions regarding cost, please call the numbers listed below.
These times and locations of support groups are subject to vary. Please call ahead to verify before attending a group. Please let us know of changes so we can keep this page up to date.
Lactation Consultants offering individual services (in alphabetical order by last name):
- Rosemary Boudreaux, RN, IBCLC, 816-678-7825, www.kansascitylactationconsultants.com
- Therese Dansby, RN, RNC-NIC, BCE, IBCLC Happy Mama Healthy Baby
- Summer Hill Mayse, IBCLC, CCE, AAHCC, 913-236-5831, Done Naturally
- Kathy Hortenstine, RN IBCLC, 785-633-2115 (Topeka)
- Cora Koch, RN, IBCLC and Beth Porter -Sakumura RN, IBCLC Mother's Milk Kansas
- Liz Levy, RN, BSN, IBCLC Liz's Lactation Services
- Georgina Lile, RD, LD, IBLC Complete Family Nutrition
- Jessica Mattingly MEd, CCE, IBCLC email@example.com
- Kay Miller LPN, IBCLC, RLC, CLD, CCCE, CLE, CCTE, CHT Heaven Support
- Tiffany Speck, RN, IBCLC, Johnson County OBGYN 816-699-3732
- Kristi Torline is a PA, IBCLC at Women's Healthcare Group (913)541-0990
- Priority Care Lactation Home Visit Program, 816-412-2907, www.pcpeds.com
Support Groups by Location
Times and locations may vary. Please verify with the location.
The Greater Kansas City Lactation Consultant Association does a great job keeping updated lists of support groups
in the greater KC area.
- Centerpoint Medical Center: Mondays 5:30-7pm and Fridays 10-11am. 816-698-7399
- Research Medical Center: Tuesdays 1-3pm. 816-276-3145
- St Luke's Hospital: by appointment 816-932-2511
- St Luke's East: Mondays 10am to noon. 1st and 3rd Tuesdays 6:30-8:30 pm. 816-347-4680
- Truman Medical Center: Tuesdays 1-2:30pm. Spanish services available. 816-404-0474
- Uzazi village: for women of color, 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, 10am to noon. 3647 Troost. 816-638-0716
- Health Care for Children: Tuesdays 2:30-4:30pm. 816-792-1170
- Heartland Regional Medical Center: Mondays 4:30-6:30pm. 816-271-7984
- Liberty Hospital: Wednesdays, 1-3pm. 816-792-7219
- North Kansas City Hospital: Mondays, 6-7pm. 816-691-1688
- St Luke's North: Wednesdays, 11am-12:30pm. 816-880-2746
- Cushing Memorial Hospital: 1st Monday of the month, 1-2:30. 816-932-5100
- Univeristy of Kansas Medical Center: by appointment. 913-588-5640
La Leche League: