Illnesses Going Around
We're here for you in Overland Park and Olathe!
Our patients are welcome to see any provider in either location as they see fit. Our electronic medical records are available at both locations to help serve you where you are at the moment! For details on which providers are working at each office on various days, please see our Hours and Location page.
Holiday closings are noted on our Calendar.
Our calendar is linked on the menu bar above. It's easy to find from every one of our pages!
As of March 30, 2020, we're seeing the following illnesses.
Please visit our News Page for COVID19 Updates.
We are changing procedures on a daily basis depending upon current status and recommendations. Please check the News Page for updates regularly.
If your child has symptoms of any illness, see our Illnesses page
for treatment tips or the specific page to which each illness or condition is hyperlinked. If you're not sure how quickly you need to have your child seen, see our Symptom Decision Chart
Illnesses commonly seen in our office this past week:
- Coronavirus is in town. We know there are a lot of questions, so see the News Page for answers! Dr. Stuppy has blogged about this too - see below. Follow our Facebook page to see all the important updates. Stay home as much as possible!
- Influenza and flu-like illnesses (cough, fever, sore throat, body aches) numbers are finally falling. Although Fall is the best time to get the vaccine, we still have it available if your child hasn't gotten it yet.
- Strep throat
- Sore throat - not strep, often one of the first signs of a cold
- Diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal pain (THIS IS NOT FLU, but could be a symptom of coronavirus!) LOTS OF THIS!!! Wash your hands with soap and water frequently.
- Fever (always...)
- Ear infections
- Asthma flares and other wheezing
- Sadly, we see a lot of kids with anxiety and / or depression. Know your local resources and seek help!
Dr. Stuppy's Latest and Popular Blogs:
March 01, 2020 Help Prevent the Spread of Infections!
(including influenza and coronavirus)
January 30, 2020 Coronavirus
November 03, 2019 A Way to Help Girls Navigate Social Media With Less Drama?
September 17, 2019 Vaping Risks
May 30, 2019 Measles: All about the measles vaccines
May 24, 2019 Measles: What’s all the fuss about?