Illnesses Going Around
We're here for you in Overland Park and Olathe!
Our patients are welcome to see any provider in either location as they see fit. Our electronic medical records are available at both locations to help serve you where you are at the moment! For details on which providers are working at each office on various days, please see our Hours and Location page.
All of our hours are on our Calendar. This includes when we are closed for holidays.
Our calendar is linked on the menu bar above. It's easy to find from every one of our pages!
This is just an example. For specific days, visit the calendar live.
As of October 6, 2019, we're seeing the following illnesses.
If your child has symptoms of any illness, see our Illnesses page
for treatment tips or the specific page to which each illness or condition is hyperlinked. If you're not sure how quickly you need to have your child seen, see our Symptom Decision Chart
Illnesses commonly seen in our office this past week:
- Strep throat
- Sore throat - not strep, often one of the first signs of a cold
- Diarrhea, vomiting and abdominal pain (THIS IS NOT FLU!)
- Fever (always...)
- Ear infections
- Asthma flares and other wheezing
- Sadly, we see a lot of kids with anxiety and / or depression. Know your local resources and seek help!
- We have started our flu vaccine clinics. Be sure you're signed up for our Newsletter so you are alerted to each clinic. To sign up, see the bottom of this page. Or you can periodically check your child's portal to see if there are open flu clinics. We have quite a few of them scheduled in both offices over the next week and will continue to schedule more as soon as we can.
Dr. Stuppy's Latest and Popular Blogs:
October 06, 2019 Flu Vaccine 2019-2020
September 17, 2019 Vaping Risks
August 29, 2019 Hair loss in kids
June 29, 2019 Bike safety
May 30, 2019 Measles: All about the measles vaccines
May 24, 2019 Measles: What’s all the fuss about?
April 23, 2019 Lawnmower safety
April 06, 2019 Plan for Vacation – especially if you’re going outside the US
March 15, 2019 Prevent Drowning
March 02, 2019 Momo. Hoax or not, scary things happen online.
February 21, 2019 A conversation about ADHD
February 05, 2019 Developmental Age in ADHD
January 04, 2019 Pharmacogenetic Testing: Personalized Medicine