Illnesses Going Around
We're here for you in Overland Park and Olathe!
Our patients are welcome to see any provider in either location as they see fit. Our electronic medical records are available at both locations to help serve you where you are at the moment! For details on which providers are working at each office on various days, please see our Hours and Location page.
Holiday closings are noted on our Calendar. We are closed on the following major holidays each year but days surrounding the holidays vary:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Day
Our calendar is linked on the menu bar above. It's easy to find from every one of our pages!
As of September 12, 2020, we're seeing the following illnesses.
Please visit our News Page for COVID19 Updates.
We update our office procedures as needed depending upon current local COVID19 status and recommendations. Please check the News Page for updates regularly.
If your child has symptoms of any illness, see our Illnesses page
for treatment tips or the specific page to which each illness or condition is hyperlinked. If you're not sure how quickly you need to have your child seen, see our Symptom Decision Chart
Illnesses commonly seen in our office this past week:
- COVID19 is in our area. Please wash hands frequently, don't touch your face, and wear a mask! We know there are a lot of questions, so see the News Page for answers! Remember you can be infected from friends and family who have not developed symptoms. Wear masks!
- If you've been exposed or infected, see when you can leave isolation or quarantine and if you have an athletic child, check out Return to Play after COVID-19.
- Back to school means we're seeing sore throats, coughs and colds, ear aches, rashes and diarrhea. This year we need to address these illnesses more due to the overlap with COVID-19 symptoms. Call our office to have your child evaluated.
- Follow our Facebook page to see all the important updates. Stay home as much as possible! We're seeing less illness than usual because so many are staying home.
- Sadly, we see a lot of kids with anxiety and / or depression. Know your local resources and seek help!
- Injuries have been more common, as always this time of year. Be safe!
Dr. Stuppy's Latest and Popular Blogs:
September 08, 2020 Mask Exemptions
September 05, 2020 What To Do After COVID-19 Exposure or Infection?
September 01, 2020 Return to play after COVID-19
August 11, 2020 Blood type: What do you need to know?
July 28, 2020 I wear a mask, except…
May 24, 2020 Frustrated with the Changing Recommendations about COVID19?
May 13, 2020 Wearing masks: yes, even most kids can do it!
May 12, 2020 COVID19 Testing: What you need to know
April 13, 2020 Use a mask and gloves safely when going out