Each Fall we must hold a mandatory staff meeting to review important information as an office. It is important that all staff can attend, so we feel it is beneficial to close our office during normal business hours to complete this meeting once a year.
Things completed or discussed at this meeting include:
- OSHA training to learn safety precautions when dealing with blood-borne pathogens (required annually for all healthcare workers)
- HIPAA training to review patient privacy laws and regulations
- Office policies and procedures
- Office forms
- Review emergency protocols (tornado and fire evacuations)
- Updates on our computer health records
- Updates to our employee handbook
- Staff receive annual flu vaccine and tuberculosis testing
- Announce upcoming trainings and monthly meetings, anticipate office changes, and look at future improvements
This year we will close for the morning of September 21. There will be NO walk in clinic until 1:30 pm or appointments from 9 am until 1:30 pm. We resume normal business hours at 1:30 pm. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For all office closings and special events, please see our Calendar