Pediatric Partners finds it important to give back to our community. Our staff votes each year on how we should use the funds collected throughout the year. This past year we stretched our funds and used them in amazing ways. We also allow staff a day each year to work with a charity of their choosing.
Some of the many things we did with our time and money in 2016:
- Staff donated money in exchange for wearing jeans one day a week in addition to other collections throughout the year for special causes.
- We purchased extra school supplies for the supply drive we did for the Olathe Public Schools Foundation (which benefits more than just the Olathe school district).
- We had planned to adopt a family off a Christmas tree as we had in other years, but another opportunity presented itself. One of our staff members met a homeless family in need. The family was just moving out of their car without heat into an apartment with the help of Catholic Charities. They had absolutely nothing besides their clothes and blankets in the car. Pediatric Partners purchased a couch, kitchen table with chairs, everything for their bathroom, a floor lamp, an alarm clock, sheets, cleaning supplies, and more. We helped secure donations for beds and found someone to donate everything for their kitchen. The family was extremely grateful and much more equipped to get their son home from foster care.
- We have a staff member who runs a free clothing boutique in Olathe and our staff constantly brings clothing donations to be given to families in need. If you know anyone that would benefit from the free boutique you can find out more information at Open Arms.
- We have supported Dance For Kindness since its local introduction in 2015. Acts of Kindness make a difference in the world! At this year's DFK, Dr. Stuppy met a family who works with Kindcraft and thinks this is a fantastic idea to get families involved in acts of kindness.
- Pediatric Partners gifts staff with one paid day off to volunteer for a non-profit of their choice. In December a handful of our staff volunteered for the Johnson County Christmas Bureau. Staff have also chosen to work individually with their churches and favorite charities.
We expect 2017 to be another fantastic year of giving. We hope that your family can show your children the gift of giving through charitible works. If you need ideas for ways families can give, please see Dr. Stuppy's Pinterest page on Charities
. If you have local opportunities to share, please let me (DrS) know!